|COLONEL EVAN M. MILLER|
Col. Evan M. Miller is the Vice Superintendent, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. He serves as chief administrator to the Superintendent and is principal coordinating agent for all command matters.
Miller was commissioned from the U.S. Air Force Academy in 1988. His experience encompasses command, staff, and other line positions across the maintenance discipline including flight line sortie generation and support for (B-1 Lancers, KC-135 Stratotankers and C-130 Hercules aircraft, back shop operations and acquisition logistics for the F-22 Raptor. He served as the Air Force's Director of Propulsion, responsible for policy and direct management oversight of all major gas turbine engines in the Air Force inventory, and was involved in world-wide logistics support of major weapons systems such as the C/KC-135, E-3 Sentry, B-1B, B-52 Stratofortress and B-2 Spirit.
Significant broadening assignments include F-22 program management and maintenance staff experience at Air Force Headquarters in Washington, D.C., as well as interagency staff experience while on the Joint Staff. His broad logistics background includes leadership of the largest Air Logistics Center's Plans and Programs Directorate and leadership of the Air Force's implementation of the Repair Network Integration initiative for engines.
Colonel Miller has commanded at flight, squadron, group, and wing levels, including service as Commander of the 402nd Maintenance Wing at Warner Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, Commander of the 76th Propulsion Maintenance Group at Tinker AFB, Okla., and Vice Commander of the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma.
1988 Bachelor of Science degree in basic sciences, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1988 Aircraft Munitions and Maintenance Officers Course, Chanute Air Force Base, Ill.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Master of Aeronautical Science degree in aeronautical science technology, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
1999 Master's degree in Military Operational Art and Science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2010 US Air Force Leadership Enhancement Program, The Center For Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. August 1988 - December 1988, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officers Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
2. January 1989 - August 1992, 384th Field Maintenance Squadron Assistant Maintenance Supervisor, 384th Organizational Maintenance Squadron Tanker Branch OIC, McConnell AFB, Kan.
3. August 1992 - July 1994, 384th Bomb Wing Executive Officer, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. August 1994 - July 1998, F-22 Avionics Integrated Logistics Support Manager, F-22 Air Vehicle Maintainability Lead, F-22 Low Observable Maintainability Lead and F-22 Wing Integrated Product Team Lead, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. August 1998 - June 1999, student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
6. July 1999 - June 2000, Squadron Maintenance Officer, 28th Bomb Squadron (B-1B), Dyess AFB, Texas
7. June 2000 - June 2002, Commander, 7th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas
8. June 2002 - June 2003, Chief, Fighter Bomber Branch, Weapons Systems Division, Headquarters Air Force, Installations and Logistics (Maintenance Directorate), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. August 2003 - June 2004, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Leslie J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2004 - June 2007, Chief, Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman-Sponsored Exercise Branch, Joint Staff, J-7, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2007 - May 2008, Director, Plans and Programs, Oklahoma Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
12. May 2008 - June 2010, Commander, 76th Propulsion Maintenance Group, Tinker AFB, Okla.
13. July 2010 - November 2010, Vice Commander, 76th Maintenance Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
14. November 2010 - May 2011, Vice Commander, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
15. May 2011 - June 2012, Commander, 402nd Maintenance Wing, Warner Robins Air Logistics Center, Robins AFB, Ga.
16. July 2012 - June 2013, Deputy Director, Resource Integration, Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. June 2013 - Present, Vice Superintendent, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2004 - June 2007, Chief, JCS Chairman-Sponsored Exercise Branch, Joint Staff, J-7, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
President, National Logistics Officers Association, 2007-2008
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1988
First Lieutenant June 1, 1990
Captain June 1, 1992
Major August 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2002
Colonel August 1, 2007
(Current as of June 2013)