|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT MAXWELL N. GRINDSTAFF|
Chief Master Sergeant Maxwell Grindstaff is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado. He advises the Superintendent and senior staff on matters of military readiness, morale, quality of life and professional development of more than 9,000 permanent-party and cadet personnel at the Academy. The Chief also serves as the Superintendent's enlisted representative on numerous committees, councils and boards. The Academy provides a highly structured four-year regimen of military training, academics, athletic and character development programs to prepare outstanding young men and women to become Air Force officers motivated to lead American Airmen in the world's greatest air, space and cyberspace force.
Chief Grindstaff graduated from Lapeer East High School in Lapeer, Michigan in 1986 and entered the Air Force in January 1987. From 1987 through 2000, he served in numerous duties in the security forces career field. In 2000, the Chief was retrained under NCORP into the comm-computer operations career field where he performed duties as maintenance and operations flight chief, additional duty first sergeant and squadron superintendent. Chief Grindstaff has been assigned at the squadron, group, wing, expeditionary wing and Center/NAF levels.
1989 NCO Preparatory Course, K.I. Sawyer Air Force Base, Mich.
1998 NCO Academy, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
2001 Associate of Applied Science, Information Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2001 Associate of Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Senior NCO Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Chief's Leadership Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2008 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro N.C.
2009 USAF Senior Leadership Course, AFSO 21 Executive Leadership Course, Ogden Utah
2009 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg Pa.
2010 Evasion and Conduct after Capture (ECAC) Course, Fairchild AFB, Wash.
2010 USAF Air Advisor Course, Joint Base Dix/McGuire/Lakehurst, N.J.
2010 Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management, Bellevue University, Neb.
2011 Joint Senior Enlisted Professional Military Education (Correspondence)
2011 Keystone Fellow, Leadership Development Program, NDU, Washington, D.C.
2011 Air Force Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
2012 Air Force Strategic Mindset Seminar, Arlington, Virginia
2012 AF COMAFFOR Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, FL.
2014 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
1. Jan 1987-Mar 1987: Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. Apr 1987-Jun 1987: Security Police technical training, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. Jun 1987-Dec 1989: Entry Controller, 410th Security Police Squadron, K.I. Sawyer AFB, Michigan
4. Dec1989-Dec 1993: Sec Controller/Weapon Storage Area (WSA) alarm operator, RAF Upper Heyford, UK
5. Jan 1994-Oct 1994: WSA Alarm Operator, 416th SPS, Griffiss AFB, New York
6. Nov 1994-Jul 1998: NCO in charge of WSA Sensor Systems, 321st SPS, Grand Forks AFB, North Dakota
7. Aug 1998-Jan 2000: Flight Chief, 30th Security Forces Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, California
8. Jan 2000-Apr 2000: Comm-Computer Operations Student, 336th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
9. Apr 2000-Aug 2002: Squadron Superintendent, 381st Training Support Squadron and First Sergeant,
381st Training Group, Vandenberg AFB, California
10. Aug 2002-Aug 2003: Chief of Communications/First Sgt., Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory
11. Aug 2003-Jun 2007: Squadron Superintendent, 509th Communications Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
12. Jun 2007-Sep 2008: Superintendent, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, Mississippi
13. Sep 2008-May 2010: Command Chief, 12th Flying Training Wing, Randolph AFB, Texas
14. May 2010-May 2011: Command Chief, NATO Air Training Command & 438th Aerospace Expeditionary Wing,
Kabul International Airport, Afghanistan
15. Jun 2011-Sep 2012: Command Chief, Ogden Air Logistics Center & 75th Air Base Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
16. Sep 2012-Jun 2014: Command Chief Master Sergeant, AF Life Cycle Management Center, WPAFB, OH
17. Jun 2014-Present: Command Chief, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver and one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device, one silver and three oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
NATO Medal Non-Article 5 (ISAF)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, August 2007
(Current as of June 2014)
|About the AcademyOther Academy Sites|