|COLONEL TAMRA L. RANK|
Col. Tamra L. Rank is the Vice Superintendent, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. She serves as chief administrator to the Superintendent and is principal coordinating agent for command matters.
Colonel Rank's previous command assignments include Vice Commander, 375th Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, and Commander, 48th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss. Prior to assuming her current position, Colonel Rank was Chief of Personnel for Air Mobility Command at Scott Air Force Base, Ill. She has also served as Senior Analyst Programmer for the Quality of Life Resources Team at the Pentagon and as Chief of AMC's Commander's Action Group. She is a command pilot with more than 3,800 flight hours in the KC-10 Extender, T-1 Jayhawk, T-38 Talon and C-21.
Colonel Rank was born in Clarinda, Iowa, in 1961. She is a 1983 graduate of the Air Force Academy.
1983 Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1989 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1993 Master of Science, System Administration, Saint Mary's University, San Antonio
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by correspondence
2006 Joint Defense College, Canberra, Australia.
1. June 1983 - March 1988, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, then T-38 Instructor Pilot and Evaluator Pilot, Reese Air Force Base, Texas
2. March 1988 - February 1991, KC-10 Aircraft Commander, Director of Operations and Executive Officer, 2nd Air Refueling Squadron, Heavy, Barksdale AFB, La.
3. February 1991 - August 1995, Instructor Pilot, Assistant Operations Officer, Runway Supervisory Unit, Controller and Flight Commander, 560th Flying Training Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. August 1995 - November 1997, Senior Analyst Programmer, Quality of Life Resources Team, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. November 1997 - March 2000, KC-10 Instructor Pilot and Director of Operations, 2nd Air Refueling Squadron, and Executive Officer, 305th Air Mobility Wing, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. March 2000 - June 2002, Commander, 48th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus AFB, Miss.
7. June 2002 - August 2005, Deputy Chief, Assignments Division, and Chief, Commander's Action Group, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. December 2005 - December 2006, student, Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies, Canberra, Australia
9. December 2006 - April 2008, Vice Commander, 375th Airlift Wing, Scott AFB, Ill.
10. April 2008 - June 2010, Chief of Personnel, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. June 2010 - Present, Vice Superintendent, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
Rating: Command Pilot
Hours Flown: More than 3,800
Aircraft Flown: KC-10, T-1, T-38, C-21
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
Combat Readiness Medal
National Defense Service Medal with Bronze Star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1983
First Lieutenant June 1, 1985
Captain June 1, 1987
Major April 1, 1995
Lieutenant Colonel Oct. 1, 1999
Colonel Oct. 1, 2005
(Current as of October 2011)