The top priority of the 10th Medical Group is the health and welfare of its beneficiaries. We are prepared to help combat the spread of COVID-19 and are taking measures to ensure that the health of personnel and communities are not impacted by the spread of this virus.
- Force health protection is our top priority. Ensuring a Ready Medical Force and a Medically Ready Force includes mitigating the spread of the virus by following CDC-recommended preventive measures. Additional information at: www.facebook.com/10thMedicalGroup.
- We remain committed to working with interagency partners to provide support in protecting the American people. Additional information at: www.covid19.colorado.gov.
- Follow CDC guidance to stop the spread of the disease at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus or by calling 1-800-TRICARE, Option 1. The MHS Nurse Advice Line is not for emergencies. You may also contact the Colorado Springs Military Health System Patient Access Services at 719-524-CARE (2273) for your healthcare questions.
- As of 18 March 2020, the 10th Medical Group has made some changes due to COVID-19 precautions. First, all patients and visitors will be screened for COVID-19 signs and symptoms through the Entry Control Point in the Temporary Phasing Facility (TPF2) prior to entering the facility. Signs and staff will direct you to this location.
- In addition, many of our clinics have gone to minimal staffing and have cancelled routine patient appointments and elective surgeries.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) and believe you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, stay at home and speak to an MHS nurse either using the MHS Nurse Advice Line at www.mhsnurseadviceline.com
If you reasonably think that you have an emergency, go to the nearest emergency room or call 911 immediately. Let the emergency room or 911 dispatcher know beforehand if you have COVID-19 symptoms. This will help them take care of you, limit their own exposure, and protect other patients.
To Learn More visit: www.tricare.mil/coronavirus.
Chief, Health Care Integrator