You have taken human subjects training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), but were not affiliated with the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office
If you have taken human subjects protection training through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI), but you were NOT affiliated with the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office, please follow the instructions below to affiliate with the Air Force Surgeon General’s Office. You will be given credit for any required modules that you have already taken. You will be guided to take any additional modules that may be required. Upon completion of training, your certificate must be sent to email@example.com or included as separate supporting documents in a protocol submission.
NOTE: Protocols that include investigators who have not had the appropriate annual training will not be reviewed until the appropriate training certificates are received.
1. Go to www.citiprogram.org and login to your account
2. Below the list of institutions with which your account is affiliated, click on the blue bar that says “Click here to affiliate with another institution.”
3. Click the link that says “Click here to affiliate with another institution.”
4. In the search box, begin to type “U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office.”
a.As you type, a drop-down list will populate
i.Select “U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office” from the drop-down list; it should be 4th
ii.Note: Copy/paste does not work in this box, you must type for the site to recognize the text
5. Click “Next” and provide the required information requested by U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office
6. Click “Next” and answer the questions in order to create your CITI “Curriculum”
a.Scroll down the screen until you see “Question 1.”
i.Select the radio-button next to the Group that best describes you (i.e. Investigator, IRB Member, or Research Support Personnel).
b.Scroll down the screen until you see “Question 2”
i.Select the last radio-button next to the Group that best describes your previous IRB role (if different from your current role).
7. Click “Next” and you will be taken to the Main Menu screen, where you will see a green check-mark and the text “Your registration has been successfully submitted.”
8. Below the check mark should be a list of blue bars with the names of the institutions with which your account is affiliated in alphabetical order. Click on the bar that says “U.S. Air Force Surgeon General’s Office”
a.This will open the list of courses in which you have been enrolled, based on your answers to Questions 1 & 2, in alphabetical order by title.
9. If you have any trouble with the above directions please contact CITI Support Desk for trouble-shooting.