Base Entry Information
Published August 07, 2020
COVID-19 Procedures (Current as of Oct. 22, 2020)
- The 10th Air Base Wing commander has authorized the Trusted Traveler Program
- The visitor cordon is suspended
- All visitors must be sponsored to be allowed on the installation
A Defense Department Identification cardholder must sponsor all guests. Sponsors must possess a Common Access Card, Dependent ID, Retiree ID, Reserve ID, Veterans Health Identification Card, or a Defense Biometric Identification System card (DBIDS) with escort authority. Sponsors must provide a valid reason for base access when requested, and the duration of the pass is based on that valid reason.
Long-term Visitor’s Passes are issued at the Pass & Registration Center (PRC) or Large Vehicle Inspection Site (LVIS)
- The PRC is open 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday, closed on all major federal holidays, U.S. Air Force Academy Family Days, and subject to delayed reporting during inclement weather
- The LVIS is open 7:30 a.m.- 4 p.m., Monday thru Friday and 8 a.m.-noon.
- The LVIS will remain open during holidays, family days and during inclement weather.
- The LVIS is staffed 6 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday-Friday and 8 a.m.-noon Saturday
- For after-hours visitor's passes, go to the South Gate where after-hours passes are issued 4 p.m.-6 a.m., seven days a week
- Personnel at the South Gate may only issue a visitor’s pass for a maximum 24 hours. Long-term passes must be issued by PRC or LVIS staff.
Entry Authority List (EAL)
- An EAL is mandatory for events with more than 10 visitors
- EALs must be completed using the 10th Security Force Squadron template. Instructions are included on the template. (Request the template by via encrypted email at 10SFS.S5B@us.af.mil.) Requests not using this template or improperly completed are returned. If unable to send an encrypted e-mail, the EAL must be given to PRC staff.
- Individuals submitting an EAL request must have the authority to sponsor individuals on to the installation
- Sponsors hosting an event on USAFA are responsible for all guests (Example: a sponsor could host an event at the Falcon Club, but the club would not be the sponsor for events including weddings, retirements or etc.).
- Personnel hosting an event on USAFA who are not affiliated with the DOD must be sponsored by the agency hosting the event
- EALs must be signed by the sponsor digitally or by ink
EAL Submission Timelines
- 10-100 personnel: Must be received no later than six days before the scheduled event
- 101-250 personnel: Must be received no later than 10 days before the scheduled event
- 251-500 personnel: Must be received no later than 15 days before the scheduled event
- More than 500 personnel: Must be received no later than 30 days before the scheduled event
EALs not submitted within these timelines will not be accepted and the sponsor is required to ensure an authorized sponsor escorts guests and-or visitors to the event.
Due to the significant workload on PRC staff, last-minute changes to EALs are not accepted. In the case of last-minute changes, the event sponsor must vouch for the additional personnel at either the South Gate or the PRC in person.
Submitting multiple EALs for a single event when the timeline does not meet the established criteria for the total number of guests is accomplished only at the direction of the 10th SFS commander.
- Trusted Travelers: DoD ID card holders can vouch for anyone in their immediate vehicle, up to but not exceeding 10 passengers. This is trusted traveler status, and all passengers are the responsibility of the ID card holder.
- Minors under the age of 18 do not have trusted traveler status. DBIDS cardholders do not have trusted traveler status unless specifically noted.
Contact 719-333-2000 for assistance.