Col. Brooke A. Rinehart is the Vice Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado. She directs a team of more than 3,000 military, civilian and contractor Airmen who conduct all base-level activities for the entire installation including security, civil engineering, communications, logistics, finance, contracting, chaplaincy, legal, lodging, medical, military and civilian personnel, and force support programs. The 10th Air Base Wing supports more than 4,000 cadets, a total military community of over 25,000 personnel, and executes a $150 million operating budget.
Previously, Rinehart served as the Chief of Budget Analysis, United States Space Force, responsible for the execution of the $9.6 billion space portfolio, across five wings, the Major Command, Center and Numbered Air Force.
Throughout her career, she served in a variety of roles on the Joint Staff, Air Staff, and United States Space Force to include Executive Officer to the Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force, National Defense Fellow at Georgetown University and Commander of the 75th Comptroller Squadron.
2000 Bachelor of Science, Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado
2005 Master of Business Administration, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
2010 Air Command and Staff College (by correspondence)
2013 Master of Policy Management, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
2014 Term Member, Council on Foreign Relations
2017 Master of Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Alabama
1. November 2000 – November 2002, Deputy Flight Commander, Financial Services Office, 86th Comptroller Squadron, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2. November 2002 – July 2003, Atlas V Lead Cost Analyst, Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle Program Office, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
3. July 2003 – July 2004, Executive Officer, Office of Financial Management and Comptroller, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
4. July 2004 – Oct 2005, Chief, Plans and Programs, Air Force Program Executive Office for Space, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California
5. Oct 2005 – Jan 2007, Commander, Financial Analysis Flight, 48th Comptroller Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, England
6. Jan 2007 – Jun 2009, Aide-de-Camp, Third Air Force, Ramstein AB, Germany
7. Jun 2009 – Dec 2010, Assistant Professor, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, San Diego State University, San Diego, California
8. Dec 2010 – Jun 2012, Executive Officer to the Vice Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. Jun 2012 – June 2013, Student, National Defense Fellow, McConn Scholar, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
10. June 2013 – June 2014, Deputy Chief, Exercise Branch, Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Budget), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2014 – June 2016, Commander, 75th Comptroller Squadron, 75th Air Base Wing, Hill Air Force Base, Utah
12. June 2016 – June 2017, Student, Air War College, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama
13. June 2017 – August 2018, Defense Resource Manager, J-8, Program Budget Analysis Division, the Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2018 – July 2019, Executive Assistant, J-4, Logistics Directorate, the Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. July 2019 – July 2020 Chief, Budget Analysis, S-8, Plans, Programs and Financial Management Directorate, United States Space Force, Peterson AFB, Colorado
16. July 2020 – Present, Vice Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, US Air Force Academy, Colorado
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain May 31, 2004
Major March 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2013
Colonel Feb. 1, 2020
(Current as of July 2020)