Chief Master Sergeant Anthony J. Fisher is currently the Superintendent of the 10th Mission Support Group, USAF Academy, Colorado. Chief Fisher is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander; his responsibilities include overseeing the mission effectiveness, proper utilization and professional development of 285 enlisted personnel and 2,000 civilians in 6 squadrons.
Chief Fisher grew up in Charles City, Iowa and enlisted in the Air Force in August 1993. Following basic training, he attended the Vehicle Maintenance Apprentice Course at Lackland AFB, Texas. He spent the next nine years in the vehicle maintenance career field until he became a Military Training Leader in 2002 and has served as a Military Training Leader at squadron, group and MAJCOM levels for 13 years. Prior to assuming his current position as Superintendent, 10th Mission Support Group, Chief Fisher served as the Superintendent, 81st Training Group, Keesler Air Force Base Mississippi.
1998 Airman Leadership School, Keesler AFB, MS
2005 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, MS
2006 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Technology and Military Science, Community College of the Air Force
2006 Associate in Applied Science, Vehicle Maintenance, Community College of the Air Force 2008 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, AL
2013 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Correspondence Course 2018 Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
1. September 1993–November 1993, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX.
2. November 1993–February 1994, Student, Technical Training School, Lackland AFB, TX.
3. February 1994–August 1996, Vehicle Maintenance, 509th Transportation Squadron, Whiteman AFB, MO.
4. August 1996–September 1997, Vehicle Maintenance, 51st Transportation Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea.
5. September 1997–July 2002, NCOIC Customer Service, 81st Logistics Readiness Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
6. July 2002–August 2005, Military Training Leader, 335th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
7. August 2005–August 2009, Instructor, Military Training Instructor School, 37th Training Support Squadron, Lackland AFB, TX.
8. August 2009–November 2009, Flight Chief, Military Training, 336th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, MS.
9. November 2009–September 2013, Superintendent, Military Training, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, MS.
10. September 2013–June2015, Command Military Training Inspections Manager, Office of the Inspector General, HQ Air Education and Training Command, JBSA Randolph, AFB TX.
11. June 2015–August 2016, Superintendent, Profession of Arms Center of Excellence, HQ Air Education and Training Command, JBSA Randolph, AFB TX.
12. August 2016-October 2019, Superintendent, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, MS.
13. October 2019-Present, Superintendent, 10th Mission Support Group, USAFA, CO.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with 1 Oak Leaf Cluster Air Force Achievement Medal with 4 Oak Leaf Clusters
1996 Senior Airman Below the Zone
2005 Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2008 37th Training Wing’s Additional Duty First Sergeant of the Year 2010 Air Force Military Training Leader of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant October 1, 2015
(Current as of October 2019)