Lieutenant Colonel Jimmy J. Jeoun serves as the Deputy Commander of the 10th Mission Support Group, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado. He co-leads 1,900 military and civilian employees across six squadrons, providing civil engineering, contracting, communications, force support, logistics and security forces capabilities in direct support of the Air Force Academy’s mission to educate, train and inspire men and women to become leaders of character for the Department of the Air Force.
Lieutenant Colonel Jeoun entered the Air Force in 2000 as a graduate of the Air Force ROTC program at Colorado State University. He has served at multiple levels of command, including assignments on The Joint Staff and Air Force Space Command staff. His operational experience includes deployments to Jordan, Qatar and Afghanistan. Prior to his current position, Lieutenant Colonel Jeoun served as the Commander of the 10th Civil Engineer Squadron, 10th Mission Support Group, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado.
2000 Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University, Colo.
2005 Masters of Science, Graduate Engineering Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2006 BDE, Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 IDE, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 SDE, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. November 2000 – November 2002: Mechanical Engineer, 325th Civil Engineer Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2. November 2002 – August 2003: Chief, Housing Facilities, 325th Civil Engineer Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. August 2003 – April 2005: Student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. April 2005 – April 2006: Chief, Requirements, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
5. April 2006 – August 2007: Chief, Maintenance Engineering, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
6. August 2007 – April 2008: Chief, Asset Management, Directorate of Installations & Mission Support, Headquarters 7th Air Force, Osan AB, ROK
7. April 2008 – February 2010: Chief, Garrison Support, Directorate of Installations & Logistics, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo. (Deployed July 2009 – January 2010, Deputy Commander, 577th Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
8. February 2010 – May 2012: Chief, Ground Support Section, Directorate of Strategic Plans, Programs & Analyses, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo. (Deployed July 2010 – January 2011, Officer in Charge, Regional Command-Southwest Detachment, 777th Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron, Camp Leatherneck, Afghanistan)
9. May 2012 – May 2014: Operations Flight Commander, 633rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va. (Deployed August 2013 – December 2013, Officer in Charge, J-4 Engineers, CENTCOM Forward Jordan, Amman, Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; December 2013 – February 2014, Deputy Commander, 577th Expeditionary Prime BEEF Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
10. June 2014 – July 2016: Engineer Joint Working Group Lead, Regional Force Management and Future Operations Directorate (J-35), The Joint Staff, Norfolk, Va.
11. July 2016 – July 2018: Commander, 61st Civil Engineer and Logistics Squadron, Los Angeles, Ca.
(Deployed September 2017 – May 2018, Deputy Commander, 1st Expeditionary Civil Engineer Group. Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
12. July 2018 – July 2020: Commander, 10th Civil Engineer Squadron, U.S. Air Force Academy, Co.
13. July 2020 – Present: Deputy Commander, 10th Mission Support Group, U.S. Air Force Academy, Co.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant October 30, 2000
First Lieutenant October 30, 2002
Captain October 30, 2004
Major August 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2015
(Current as of August 2020)