By Colonel Troy E. Dunn, Commander, 10th Air Base Wing
/ Published October 26, 2015
1. Our nation is more secure today because of outstanding Americans, like you, who believe in these United States of America. On July 4, 1776, our forefathers signed the historic Declaration of Independence. In the last paragraph of that monumental document, they declared that "these united colonies are, and of right out to be free and independent states…and that as free and independent states, they have full power to levy war [and] conclude peace."
2. As members of the world’s greatest Air Force, we are called upon to make incredible sacrifices. Many have paid the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty which makes this Fourth of July celebration even more meaningful. Their precious gift deepens our own commitment and resolve to serve our country with pride, protect our freedom with tenacity, and preserve our way of life with humility. It is an honor and privilege to serve our great country so all Americans can live in peace. Thank you all for answering our nation’s call.
3. Over this long holiday weekend, I encourage you to take a moment to reflect on the beauty of our great country and the power of the American spirit. As we celebrate our independence, please remember our deployed Airmen and their families. Continue to take care of yourself, your fellow Airmen, and your families. Chief Jones and I are proud of you, honored to serve alongside you, and celebrate our independence with you.
4. Happy Independence Day! Happy Birthday, America!
5. Colonel Troy E. Dunn, Commander, sends. TED
6. Internet release authorized.