1. Tomorrow, September 11th, marks the 14th anniversary of the terrorist attacks that took the lives of nearly 3,000 innocent people at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and Shanksville, Pennsylvania. In the days and weeks that followed that fateful morning, we witnessed the strength, compassion, and resilience of the American people. We emerged stronger and more united than ever before. People from all backgrounds selflessly helped one another and bonded together as a family after that unfortunate and tragic day. We saw the power of humanity and the goodness in humankind. Once again, the American people demonstrated great resolve and reminded the world that we will never acquiesce to cowardly acts of terrorism.
2. Every year, we pause on this special day, designated as Patriot Day and a National Day of Service and Remembrance, to remember those who lost their lives and to unite in the same extraordinary way we came together after the terrorist attacks in 2001.
3. On behalf of the 10th Air Base Wing, we salute all those patriotic Americans, both civilian and military, who have departed our ranks for the price of freedom. We also honor the service and sacrifice of our Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Coast Guardsmen who continue to protect our freedom, and the families that support them.
4. On this day, I can find no better quote to leave you with than the words of our 35th President, John F. Kennedy, "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of liberty."
5. Colonel Troy E. Dunn, Commander, sends.
6. Internet release authorized.