By Col Troy E. Dunn, 10th Air Base Wing
/ Published September 18, 2015
1. Happy birthday, Airmen! Today we celebrate the 68th birthday of the United States Air Force.
2. On 18 September 1947, President Harry S. Truman signed the National Security Act which created our Air Force as a separate and equal branch of the military. In our short history, airpower has been at the forefront of every military action, and it remains a decisive force in winning our nation’s wars. From combat operations to conflict resolution, from humanitarian crises to homeland security, airpower has given us the competitive advantage as the world’s greatest Air Force. We have dominated the air, space, and cyberspace domains through technological advances, human ingenuity, innovation, and sacrifice. However, our ability to Fly, Fight, and Win in air, space, and cyberspace is because we have the most incredibly talented Airmen. Our Cadets, Airmen, and Families are the true strength and power of our Air Force. I am proud to serve you and serve with you.
3. As we celebrate an amazing 68 years of faithful service to a proud nation, let us leverage our rich history and aspire to build an even greater Air Force for the future. May we continue to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace!
4. We are part of the Air Force. We are part of history. We are AIRPOWER!
5. Colonel Troy E. Dunn, Commander, sends.
6. Internet release authorized.