The CCD Director
The Director for Culture, Climate and Diversity (CCD) is USAFA's strategic leader, diversity advocate and principle advisor to USAFA's leadership on culture, climate and diversity matters. The goal of the CCD is to promote a culture of commitment and a climate of respect across USAFA whereby each person's unique perspectives and abilities are leveraged for maximum benefit to the mission.
Purpose of the CCD
Key Roles of the CCD
- Effectively integrate and oversee actions in the culture, climate and diversity realm at a level commensurate with the CCD's significant position within the organization
- Serve as a coordinating body at USAFA, adding coherence to the various culture, climate and diversity initiatives undertaken by the mission elements and subordinate organizations
- Serve as a liaison to higher headquarters and other institutions
Diversity Fellows Program
- Assist USAFA in framing and supporting a handful of flagship-like programs that further the CCD mission and make it more visible across the campus
- Assist USAFA in fostering a culture of commitment and a climate of respect, while celebrating diversity and inclusion
- Support the all-important element of social cohesion at USAFA
The USAFA Diversity Fellows Program provides cadets opportunities to develop diversity awareness as well as increased subject knowledge relevant to the profession of arms through an experiential, educational internship at a recognized CONUS institution or agency. Upon return, they participate in outreach activities at USAFA on behalf of the Diversity Office. Cadets are selected from a variety of academic disciplines and mission elements. To get involved, cadets seek nominators from an academic department and other mission element. The nominator and cadet research possible programs and submit an application to the CCD. 3-Degrees and 2-Degrees who are in good standing with at least a 2.4 GPA are eligible to participate in this program during a portion of their summer leave period.
Culture, Climate and Diversity - Resources
2016 Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
2015 Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
USAF Diversity Website (Diversity Videos)