The CCD Directorate
USAFA's Directorate for Culture, Climate and Diversity (CCD) consists of three divisions: Sexual Assault Prevention & Response, Sexual Assault Prevention and Education Analysis, and Diversity and Inclusion Analysis.
The Director for Culture, Climate and Diversity (CCD) is USAFA's strategic leader, diversity advocate and principle advisor to USAFA's leadership on culture, climate and diversity matters. The goal of the CCD is to promote a culture of commitment and a climate of respect across USAFA whereby each person's unique perspectives and abilities are leveraged for maximum benefit to the mission.
Purpose of the CCD:
Key Roles of the CCD:
- Effectively integrate and oversee actions in the culture, climate and diversity realm at a level commensurate with the CCD’s significant position within the organization
- Serve as a coordinating body at USAFA, adding coherence to the various culture, climate and diversity initiatives undertaken by the mission elements and subordinate organizations
- Serve as a liaison to higher headquarters and other institutions
- Assist USAFA in framing and supporting a handful of flagship-like programs that further the CCD mission and make it more visible across the campus
- Assist USAFA in fostering a culture of commitment and a climate of respect, while celebrating diversity and inclusion
- Collaborate with other USAFA offices and agencies to eliminate negative sub-cultures and illegal activities such as sexual harassment and assault
- Support the all-important element of social cohesion at USAFA