1. Not reading the instructions on the website for conducting exempt research at USAFA.
2. Not reading the instructions at the end of the HRPP Determination Request form.
3. Submitting an exempt request when the research does not fall into any of the exempt categories.
4. Submitting an exempt request when a request for Not Human Subjects research is more appropriate to the activity (i.e., program evaluation, not for generalizable knowledge, deidentified and anonymous data set). Read the definition of human subjects research: CFR32.219.102
5. Not securing resource support before submitting the exemption request.
6. Not providing training certificates or resumes for all investigators.
7. Numerous errors both typographical and grammatical. Spell check is NOT ENOUGH.
8. Not obtaining required signatures.
9. Not answering all the questions on the HRPP Determination Request form.
10. Not writing out all acronyms before using the abbreviated form (e.g. write out Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership before using the abbreviation DFBL).
11. Making inquiries to HRPP Support Personnel that are incomplete or inappropriate. Inquiries must include the protocol title and number and must be from a named investigator.